Obviously, paying your taxes plays a large role in avoiding tax problems. However, making tax payments does not have to be as simple a writing a check. In addition to basics on how to pay your taxes, use the below resources to learn about getting an extension of time to pay and working out an installment agreement with the IRS if you cannot pay all that you owe at one time.
- How to Pay Your Taxes
You have various options to pay your tax liability.
- Receiving a Tax Bill from the IRS
What to do if you get a tax bill from the IRS.
- How Full Payment of Taxes Saves You Money
(IRS)Breakdown of the benefits of timely and full payment.
- Electronic Payment Options for Individuals
(IRS)Looking to your pay taxes electronically? Read more here.
- Tax Penalties: Quick Reference Guide
A brief look at different penalties for failing to pay taxes, accurately, on time, or worse, at all.
- Filing and Paying Taxes Late
Some answers to common questions about filing taxes late.
- Tips for Last-Minute Tax Filers
A helpful guide for those who procrastinate on filing taxes.
- Penalties and Interest
More on when, and what, penalties and interest may apply to filers.
- Appealing an IRS Decision or Action
Learn about the system that exists to challenge decisions of the IRS.
- Information for Tax Appeals
(IRS)Information on filing tax appeals, including how to prepare, and more.
- The IRS Installment Agreement
An in-depth look at the various installment agreement options that may be available.
- Payment Plans, Installment Agreements
(IRS)Some common questions about installment agreements.
- More on Offers in Compromise
(IRS)Learn more about an option that may allow taxpayers to settle tax debts for less than the full amount owed.
- If You Don't Pay Your Federal Taxes
Important considerations about failing to pay taxes.
- The IRS Collection Process
Learn about the variety of tools the government has at its disposal to collect back taxes.
- Wage Garnishment FAQ
Answers to commonly asked questions about garnishment, a legal process used to collect on a debt.