Ten New Tax Savings on 2009 Form 1040The "Filing Your Federal Taxes" section of FindLaw's Tax Center contains two main sections: an overview guide to the federal tax filing process, and detailed information on issues related to federal tax filing. Choose a section from the two links below:
- Guide to Filing Your Federal Taxes
From choosing the proper form, to where to file your return, a how-to guide to each step of the federal tax filing process.
- Filing Your Federal Taxes: In Depth
Tips and resources on deductions, itemizing, getting an extension to file, and much more.
- 2011 Federal Income Tax
- Best Tax Deductions for Professionals
- Charitable Contributions
- Determining Tax Filing Status
- Do I Have to File a Federal Tax Return?
- Do I Need to File a Paper Tax Return?
- Filing Late Returns FAQ
- Filing Your Federal Taxes: In-Depth
- Final Review Before You Mail Your Tax Forms
- Handling Tax Mistakes
- Last Minute Tax Tips for Late Filers
- Marriage Tax Penalty
- Need More Time? File a Tax Extension
- Non-Deductible Expenses
- Preparing Your Tax Return
- Step-by-Step Guide to Filing Your Federal Taxes
- Tax Exemptions
- The Parent Tax Credit
- The Standard Deduction
- Top Seven Senior Tax Breaks
- What Happens After I File My Taxes?
- When Do I Have to File My Taxes?
- Where Do I File My Taxes?
- Who Should Itemize?